thetsinelaschronicles.blogspot.com

Miyerkules, Agosto 19, 2015

The operation between my outfit and music playlist is division

When I was in my sophomore year of college, a girl from my AB Communications class actually thought that my goth punk appearance is parallel to my personal choices. I nearly broke my jaw laughing. During that time, I was given a leeway by my mother to buy clothing pieces on my choice. Yes, even after high school my mother restricted me from having the freedom to choose my own clothing articles to fit to my own character. At that time, I armed myself with an ample number of denim, leather jackets, jeans, booties and black t-shirts. Wearing black because I'm a goth? Nah, I don't think so. I didn't have the taste to line my eyes with black. Now, this cute KISS fangirl took me by mistake, probably looking for someone who she can share the same interests with. Also, considering that I am a psychology major, the field that I randomly chose to endeavor could have, for her, as something inherently evil. I deduced that she watched too much Alfred Hitchcock's movies or may have patronized Gothika 2003 in which she actually did. With that, she continuously discussed her favorite rockbands from metal to death metal and had even categorized each band especially when I asked where does my favorites belong; "Skillet? Frustrated Metal 'yun. Actually ang tawag sa genre nila Christian Rock." she verified. Not just the taste for music but the ideology as well of being violent and for the love of dadaism. I do not question the underlying darkness in everyone's choices as these 'darkness' is suppressed to the subconsciousness, the taste for music, arts and fashion sense is the only way the aggressiveness can ooze through. That is why a drawing of a penis on a wall offends you but not the ashtray attached with a wood-sculptured erected penis. This girl has an affinity for anything disclosed as disturbing and nearly evil. Stories of Nazism excites and admittedly, gore is the center of her fantasies.
Is she evil? No, but she fancies it. I don't think she's the kind of girl who could kill a rat.
A question leaves me that if  appearances should be perfectly linked to choices. Consider if I look like a pin-up sorority girl who would be stereotyped to have a pop music on my music player, but in actuality, I listen to Def Leppard. Wouldn't that be more disturbing? It isn't. I have met random people in my life who mismatches of choices of clothing to choices of interests. I have a sister who is a practicing lawyer dressed pristine and talked smartly in a way that she garnered the respect and admiration of many. People who didn't know her very deeply thinks that she listens to Celine Dion but I am very sorry for Celine Dion, she has no space to her 'Driving Playlist'. It was Nirvana, Greyhoundz and David Bowie that keeps her head bopping. Personally, I'm not a rocker myself. I can't play band instruments. I dress like I'm in the band but I play the piano. 
The equation of being a Psychology major plus the signature rebel appearance must have gotten me to the wrong light. I have to sport being a goth punk because bright spectrum of colors hurts my overly sensitive eyes. 
Before the end of the first trimester, I wore pink and purple for the remainder of the meetings. I left my phone to her and she ran to my playlist and was disappointed to see handful of OPM and a whole album of Marina and the Diamonds and Beyonce.
We just met again over a game match at QBox yesterday. Also, she have every album of Beyonce on her iPod.
fasterpussycatblog.tumblr.com

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento